Who is responsible for processing your personal data and how can you reach us?
Tenbos B.V. is the controller, i.e. the party responsible for processing your personal data. Tenbos B.V., also trading under the trade name Riverdale, is listed in the Trade Register of the Chambers of Commerce under Ch. of Comm. number 27142171 and has its registered office at Spiegelstraat 1, 2631 RS NOOTDORP. You can reach us on telephone number +31 (0)70 320 5138, by e-mail at info@RiverdaleNL.com, or by sending a letter to the Tenbos B.V. address.
Which personal data do we collect and for what purpose?
We may collect, use, or otherwise process your personal data in various ways, but we always do everything to protect your personal data.
We may collect the following types of personal data:
a) name (and title);
d) if different, delivery address;
e) e-mail address;
f) telephone number;
If you are acting on behalf of an employer, we may also process the name, type of organization and branch of your employer, and your job and department at your employer.
On what grounds do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
a) your permission for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, such as the processing of an order placed by you, has been given;
b) processing your personal details is necessary for entering into or implementing an agreement to which you are a party.
c) the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us;
d) the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person, for instance if a product is recalled;
e) if the processing of personal data is necessary for promoting Tenbos B.V.’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as informing you as a customer about new products.
If we send you marketing information by e-mail, we will first ask for your permission to the extent required by law. Tenbos B.V. uses profiling by placing pixels for Facebook, Google Analytics and retargeting purposes.
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Both Tenbos BV and other parties may send cookies. Cookies are used to ensure that you are not repeatedly sent the same information or that you do not have to enter the same information again when you visit our site. Cookies may also be used to make you relevant offers based on your surfing behaviour outside the RiverdaleNL.com website. There are various sorts of cookies. Most browsers can be configured so that cookies are not accepted or that you are notified when you receive a cookie. Instructions for adjusting the browser settings can be found under ‘Help’ in the toolbar of most browsers. Even though you may still be able to visit the site, it is possible that if cookies are not accepted, certain services or elements of the website will not function properly. By not accepting cookies, the usability of our website and services will be limited.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share our customers’ personal data with our dealers, business partners and service providers, on the condition that they treat this information as confidential, and comply with the provisions of the GDPR and other privacy legislation. We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
If we transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA (EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein), we will take the following precautions:
a) transfers are done to countries outside the EU/EEA for which the EU Commission has taken an adequacy decision;
b) transfers are done under model contract provisions that comply with the requirements set out in the GDPR with regard to transfer of data to countries outside the EU/EEA;
c) transfers are done to an organization that applies binding company regulations approved by an EU supervisory authority; or
d) transfers are done to an organization in the US that is on the EU-US Privacy Shield list.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any kind of unlawful processing.
If a serious data breach nevertheless occurs, Tenbos B.V. will report it to the competent supervisory authority as soon as possible after it has become aware of the breach. If the data breach constitutes a high risk for you, you will also be informed immediately, if possible.
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights with regard to the processing of your personal data, including:
- Right to access: you will receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you so that you can check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Right to rectification, amendment, or updating: you can have incomplete or incorrect personal details rectified.
- Right to personal data in a machine-readable format (‘data portability’): if applicable in the context of our relationship, you are entitled to ask us to transfer the personal data that you have provided to us to another controller in a machine-readable format.
- Right to erasure: you are entitled to ask us to remove or delete your personal data if we do not have a good reason for processing it.
- Right to restrict processing: you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Objection to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances: if we invoke our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing as explained above.
- Withdrawal of your consent: you can withdraw your consent for processing at any time if your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. This may lead to us being unable to provide certain services to you.
- Submitting complaints: you can lodge a complaint about the use of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority at any time.
If you have a general question or would like to exercise any of the above rights at any time, please contact service@RiverdaleNL.com.
We only store and process your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless we have a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period of time or the data is necessary for determining, instigating or substantiating lawsuits.
We may unilaterally amend this Privacy Statement from time to time pursuant to changes in legislation or changes in how we work.